+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crossbow Rankings

Default Crossbow Rankings

Do you guys agree with these rankings?

http://crossbow.pikimal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian08 View Post
    Do you guys agree with these rankings?

http://crossbow.pikimal.com/
    The choices on the site seem to be behind the times, there are some newer models that surely would have been included had they been offered at the time of the surveys taken.

I wouldn't buy a bow based on what someone else likes anyway. It's getting harder today to make selections since there are so many good choices between weight, speed, and cost. I like simplicity and reliability and light weight. Speed is good, but not as important to me as size, weight, and reliability. When people ask what crossbow is best, all they're going to get is everyone's opinion on what they own. Best just to try as many as possible before buying.

Jack ><>
    What was William Tellís foc, fps, KE, dtt, momentum, db noise level, arrow material, spine, grain weight, fletching, nock, and point style when he had to make his first shot count?

Middleton DTM 375 SS
    Man Kung 300fps Frankenbow
    Man Kung MK-150A3B forcefeeder
    Wham-O Powermaster [retired]
    Jack Pine Death Dart Arrows, Suicide Strings, and Backwoods Bipod

Don't use them as a basis for a purchase. The right crossbow will almost choose you. The one you choose may very well fit some of the criteria in that 'survey'....but buy a crossbow because it fits you.....and gives you the most features you want for your budget.....

I agree to this rankings... but I think it differs from users itself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the only crossbows i fing in the uk fiels sports shops are chinese.copies of barnett they may be but i want the real mccoy.

These are all relatively inexpensive models. The rankings may be correct for that price range. My experience has made it clear to me that the higher end Cross Bows perform and hold up much better than the low end models.
    Last edited by jelina; 07-06-2011 at 05:32 AM.

NO! Not even close...

I wouldn't buy a bow based on what someone else likes anyway. It's getting harder today to make selections since there are so many good choices between weight, speed, and cost. The one you choose may very well fit some of the criteria in that 'survey'....but buy a crossbow because it fits you.....and gives you the most features you want for your budget.....

I agree that the list is incomplete.

I like simplicity and reliability and light weight. Speed is good, but not as important to me as size, weight, and reliability. The rankings may be correct for that price range. My experience has made it clear to me that the higher end Cross Bows perform and hold up much better than the low end models.

+ Reply to Thread