Advertise With Us
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bolts?

Default Bolts?

Hello, I just purchased a new Parker Terminator and I'am wondering what is the best bolt to use for hunting? I purchased 2 packs of bolts by parker but not that happy with the grouping. Thanks for your time.

Arrow

the heaviest are better for hunting i think 2219
    Last edited by kimi83; 05-28-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Wyvern creations has a Gold tip Laser 2 for 4.95 and I have heard alot of good talk about them.

Personally, I opt for an arrow with relativley high FOC ratio and small vanes. That said, the Gold Tip Lazer II with 110 gr brass insert and Blazer vanes. You fail to mention which Terminator you shoot but if its the 150 lb pull I'd be using 100 gr tips; if 175, the 125 gr tips. Getting good accuracy and terminal ballistics with Slick Trick mag broadheads. Good luck A fellow Parker shooter.

BTW, please call them arrows for a crossbow. BOLTS are metal, short, vane less projectiles that were used in the middle ages to breech knight's armor. No longer is use but do give anti crossbow fanatics fodder for negative image of our implement.

yes, and a big yes to what cossack says. look at our projectiles and notice the fletching, the nock, and the arrowhead, whatever head that may be. these, by definition, are arrows. a bolt is all metal with no fletch,nock,or arrowhead. just a plain piece of metal with a flat back and sharpened point, shaped kind of like an elongated hourglass.

Default Parker arrows

They should fly just fine they are made by Carbon Express. I know every bow shots different but I have very tight groups with these arrows and 100 grain broadheads. Go over your bow and make sure all is well, then if so try other brands. Hunter2

Hunter has a point. The first time I ran into accuracy problems with my crossbow was due to nothing more than loose bolts and screws.I found they had loosened from the vibrations caused by shooting. A touch of (blue or purple) LocTight thread locker cures that problem. I still go over my bows every so often and check for loose screws.
    That said, at the expense of repetition, High FOC, small vanes fly better for me than stock arrows without them . Oh, by the way, I assumed you were having accuracy issues while using field points because if broadheads were involved its a whole new paradigm for discussion.
    Last edited by Cossack; 08-18-2009 at 10:00 PM.

I like to use diamond tipped bolts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Parkers Red hot shot arrows are made for the parker bows, and unlike the Predator, the arrows are 20 inch, not 22.
    The Red hot arrows have an additional weight forward to the arrow, to reduce arrow flutter, and increase impact on
    deer. The nock for Parker is far different than other crossbows. Parker does not recommend the moon nock for
    their bows, and has a better nock with extended ears. This is to prevent the possibility of the string slipping off the
    end of the nock. There are plenty of videos on the Parker website showing the differences. The red hot arrows are
    a bit pricey though. The do have some arrows that are a little less costly, called Hunter arrows, but do not have the
    weight forward impact. the nock I am referring to on that Parker has is called the Capture nock. I suspect this
    will be a change in the industry.

+ Reply to Thread